Choosing to have a Christmas wedding is both practical and savvy. From a practical standpoint, families traditionally gather together during the holidays, anyway, so why not make the wedding a part of the family celebration. As for savvy, decorations galore are available to make your ceremony and reception a true winter wonderland. And finding all of these decorations at a discount is easy; making every father of a Christmas bride a very happy one.
But does a Christmas wedding automatically mean red poinsettias? No. While they are both abundant and beautiful, there are many other floral options when it comes to having a Christmas wedding.
- An all-white wedding is possible using white poinsettias or amaryllis, carnations, roses, paper whites or even tulips. Yes, tulips are traditionally thought of as a spring flower, but many growers force them for winter blooming. Oh, and don’t forget the mini lights.
- Poinsettias also come in deep burgundy and can be teamed with pine boughs, gold balls, cream colored roses and/or pink poinsettias or amaryllis.
- Green is readily available even though it’s cold outside. Holly, pine or cedar, ferns and even less traditional, the Christmas cactus can make a lovely setting. Accenting any of these with silver, gold, red or deep yellow will make for a stunning décor.
- At the reception, forget the flowers and use fruit. Bowls of apples, oranges, lemons and limes accented with sprigs of pine, pine cones or festive ribbon is both attractive and budget-friendly.
- Pine cones in a variety of sizes are beautiful when paired with pink or red poinsettias, colored balls and festive ribbon. Oh, and the spicy-scented ones bring added warmth to the room.
- Blue is another color abundant during the holiday season. Navy or soft blue, you’ll be able to use it with white carnations, paper whites, tulips, roses and amaryllis. Just be sure to add some sparkle with silver and clear mini lights.
- Red. Don’t discount it just because it’s Christmas. Combining red with white, black, ivory or even deep yellow will allow you to take advantage of all the decorating bargains without making your wedding look like Santa’s workshop.